NIS probs - Login and no home dir -help

I'm trying to configure two things on my RH 5 server with dual-boot CentOS 5 (out-of-box) and Windows XP w/SP2 (fully patched) clients:

- NIS/NFS: I have managed to get user logins, but all accounts produce Can't Find Home Directory, Using Root! The error logs, when trying to mount any NFS directory, is the server claims permission denied. I've reviewed many web pages and reviewed my config files carefully. Just a matter of finding the winning config. Firewall and SELinux are disabled, and the machines have been rebooted many times.

- Samba: Ideally, I think if I can get NIS/NFS working fine, it would make sense that when Windows users log in (I've gotten samba to permit the XP systems to be added to samba with samba acting as the PDC), they log into their UNIX accounts. But, upon attempted login, Windows produces the famed small alert window saying Roaming Profiles cannot be located, Windows is creating a temporary environment that will not be saved upon logout.

What is the magical Samba config/line to permit Samba/domain logins to read from the server's UNIX side and give the Windows domain user their UNIX home directory for login, and have their UNIX home directory as a mapped drive (effectively their roaming profile)?

Thanks.

Scott