Re: Package Tracking System

Steve Rigler wrote:
On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 11:53 -0400, Server Gremlin wrote:
Hello CentOS users,

    Is there any sort of package tracking system for CentOS?

I'm used to Debian where I can view a changelog for each *Debian* specific package. This is great because I can see specifically what has been fixed and what known issues remain from release to release in the Debian package, which is subtly different from the upstream release. For instance, I can see what's changed from "apache2.1-debian.deb" to "apache2.2-debian.deb" by using the Debian Package Tracking System. (I'm fudging the package names, but you get the idea). Is there anything like that in CentOS?

Thanks,
- SG

Maybe this does what you want: "rpm -q 'package name' --changelog"

-Steve

Thanks guys, that is pretty much what I want. But what if I want to see the changelog for a package that I don't have installed? I'd like to look at the changelog for a package available via yum before I upgrade my existing package to it. When I did a "rpm -q --changelog mypackage", that only showed changes up to my currently installed version. (Which makes sense if this is just looking on my local machine, which I assume it is)

Thanks,
- SG