Xen VM vanishes after creation

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

Just starting and playing around with Xen on Centos 5.
I created a new VM (para-virtualized) with the Virtual Machine Manager,
installed Centos 5 minimal on it, rebooted after successful installation.

I did a presentation in some depth at a local LUG (third in a series) just last Saturday, and the notes are at:
   http://www.colug.net/notes/0708mtg/

The VM console vanishes on shutdown and that's it. The VM id vanishes from
the VM Manager and there's no way to get it back. It looks like the new VM
doesn't exist. xm list shows only Domain-0, virsh list

do a:

    cd /etc/xen

and rerun the command -- 'xm' does not have a reasonable default search path.

--all tells me that it cannot list the inactive domains. A restore from the VM file fails as well. The VM image file exists (in /home/vm), a config file for it in /etc/xen exists. But I don't see where the path to the image file might have been saved. Maybe that's the problem? (I know the location can create a problem with SELinux, but I'm currently running permissive and only testing.)

yes -- the SELinux issue also is present as noted in the outline.

-- Russ Herrold