Re: Anyone out there know the THEOS OS

Nigel Kendrick wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am polling my 'guru' resources to find out if I can get in touch with
anyone (UK based, ideally) with support experience of the THEOS operating
system.

We have one group of sites running a legacy system based on THEOS - an OS
that seems to have 'borrowed' the best parts of DOS, VMS, *NIX and Netware.
We are migrating some remote sites from Wyse Terminals, serial port muxes
and Kilostream (which is costing us an arm and a leg) to PC clients over
broadband. We have put the clients in place (desktop PCs with a client app -
easy) but need to understand how complex it is to setup the remote printing
- the support company involved reckons it's *so* complex they need to send
an engineer to each site (3 sites, 2 printers on each) and it will take 2
days + travel + accommodation just to make the printers work! We have remote
access to all the client PCs + routers etc. so I want to get some insight
into what exactly is involved.

Any takers?

This remote printing...is just desktop picking one of the two local printers right?

What OS do these PCs run?