Re: How to size an email server to handle 5 million emails per day

Erick Perez wrote:
I have no idea as to how to size an email server. I was approached by
a customer that wanted a single server with RAID 1 disks to handle
about 5 million emails a day.
In general terms, what parameters should I take into account to size
the hardware specs when the average email is about 10kb, the smalles
email is 2kb and the largest email is about 5meg (with attachment)

you need to define what you mean by 'handle' email. that could mean anything from a sending 1000s of copies of the same message over and over to a email hosting server at a corporation with 5000 busy users with sox requirements.