Re: UTC vs local time

--On Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:53 PM +0200 Mogens Kjaer <mk@xxxxxx> wrote:

When to use UTC?

Always :-)

Hehe, I'd love to eliminate local time and I particularly hate daylight saving time. I hate all the clock-changing and getting up an hour earlier. If businesses and schools need to change when they open, then they should change their schedules, and not fiddle around with what's supposed to be a standard measurement. Imagine if we had to change the length of our rulers twice a year! Imagine if 10 degrees meant something different in summer than in winter!

I work and play with people from across North America and around the world and it can be troublesome to coordinate schedules when "5 pm" means something different to everybody. At least the advent of the railroads introduced the idea of standard time, even if it was still only good locally, not globally.

/rant