Re: Help in starting spamassassin

Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed spamassassin, per the instructions on Scalix's wiki,
and it is working, with some important caviats. So I asked for help on
the spamassassin user list, and got some, but I think I am butting up
against some Centos specific issues...

So over at spamassassin list I was told not to let spamassassin run as
root. To create a user: spamfilter. and add -u spamfilter to the start
command.

So I created the user and group. I ran the spamassassin --lint and -D
--lint

Then I went to /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin and change the lines:

# Set default spamd configuration.
SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -c -m5 -H"
SPAMD_PID=/var/run/spamd.pid

# Set default spamd configuration.
SPAMDOPTIONS="-u spamfilter -d -c -m5 -H"
SPAMD_PID=/var/run/spamd.pid

And then did:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin restart

and spamassassin is still running as root and I am still getting these errors....

Robert,

check if you have the directory
/home/spamfilter

and try adding the extra (-u spamfilter) param in
/etc/sysconfig/spamassassin

--
Mark

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.