Re: "near native" performance with xen?

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
Of course you need physical volumes but look for a storage
solution that will also run as direct to disk as possible,
maybe something based on the newer SATA/SAS where the RAID
logic is built into the enclosure and a plain SATA/SAS
card is in the server which can be actively shared between
multiple domUs.

If that is out of your budget then use some type of hardware
RAID for your volumes to get rid of any use of software RAID
in dom0 for guest storage.

I'm not sure what the distinction is between your first paragraph and the second. When I read the first paragraph, I thought: "hardware RAID" but it seems like you're referring to something else.

Same goes for the network side of things. Install the latest
PV drivers in the domUs to get the latest advances.

I didn't realize these existed. I just used whatever was pulled down when I install xen/kernel-xen via yum. Where can I get these PV drivers?

Big thanks, Ross. This was extremely helpful!

johnn