Re: Stability issues with Dovecot imap-login in Centos 5?

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Christian Nygaard wrote:

I wonder if other people are seeing stability issues with Dovecot and imap-login against LDAP? I've changed from pam_nss to ldap without nss in Dovecot to see if that helps the issue. I realise Dovecot is version 1.0 in Centos 5, would it be more advisable to switch to Cyrus? I'm using mbox mail spool files would that work with Cyrus?

We run CentOS 5 (x86_64) on our main mail server. User authentication is done via LDAP/PAM. Dovecot has been very solid. We use Maildir, not mbox.

Can you give us a better idea of the symptoms of your "stability issues"?

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx <> http://www.madboa.com/