centos 5 as p2p client

Hello,
I'm running centos5. I'm wanting this machine only, none of my other ones, to participate in p2p file sharing, bittorrent, edonkey, maybe other networks. Does anyone have a howto or step by step guide for this? I've installed bittorrent and mldonkey clients, but neither is working, i'm assuming gateway firewall issue, but i've enabled the correct ports, 6881 through 6999 redirecting to the centos box. I've not made any additions to the centos5 firewall. I've got some audio available on bittorrent network i'd like to get, and a .torrent file for it and on edonkey there's an iso any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.