Re: new CentOS 5 as DNS server

Ray Leventhal wrote:
Tomasz Napierała wrote:
<snip>
Apart from installation, I would suggest using PowerDNS as a secondary DNS. It's not only robust, fast and secure, but also has very interesting capability of automated zones depolying (espacially usefull for secondary NS). I'm using it on all my secondary nameservers, and that's saving me lot of time.

Regards,
Thank you Tomasz,  I'll have a look at PowerDNS.  Much appreciated.

Well, if you are willing to look into BIND alternatives, please take a look also at tinydns which is part of the djbdns package.

Dead simple format for dns configuration and on-the-fly zone updating are some of its features.