Re: Re: Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

I thought once upon a time some repo had a package named xmms-mp3 which was different from the core version for obvious reasons. I can't recall a problem and I didn't have to know which repo I had to manage to get or exclude it.

How are we supposed to know whether or not that is a sub-package like cyrus-sasl-md5 or cyrus-sasl-plain?

This kind of situation rapid develops into the stuff that very
experienced admins need to create for their specific installation.

You mean like every Mac user that installs an add-on package by clicking to open it's disk-image distribution and dragging it to a local location?

Hey that is unfair. That is only possible because dependencies and what not are already dealt with. Those packages will just work.