Re: slow SMTP-AUTH

Brett Schroeder wrote:
Ugo Bellavance wrote:
Hi,

    I installed sendmail on a centos-4 openvz VM.  I set up SMTP-AUTH
and when I try to send mail using this server, there is a big delay in
which my e-mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) just hangs.  The server, on
the other hand, is idle at the same time.  It does that no matter if I
use no encryption, TLS, or SSL.  When the client is 'hung' sendmail, on
the server side haven't logged anything yet for this connection.

Any idea?

Since nothing is logged on the server, it sounds like there is a firewall (or
other networking problem) in the way. You should use WireShark (or tcpdump) on
the client to capture the network traffic.

Hmmm, interesting... IDENT, maybe?

I'll look into that.

Thanks,

Ugo