Re: CentOS based router dropping connections

Jesse Cantara wrote:
So basically, what I can figure from all of the evidence at this point is the problem is either: default configuration of the network in CentOS isn't proper for what I'm doing (can't handle the traffic or number of connections). I get a decent amount of traffic, maxing out a 10 Mbit connection all day long. I don't know exactly where to check to diagnose if this is the case though. Can anybody point me where to find things like the system usage of the network (memory, any buffers, # of connections, etc)? the things I know to check look normal, but that's basically just ifconfig, and your standard /var/log/message and dmesg log files.
or:
the network drop from the hosting facility is "bad" somehow, either the cable physically, or the way in which they are limiting me to 10 Mbit.

check with the facility to see if that drop is 10Mbit HALF duplex, and if so, make sure your server's NIC is configured as such.

I had a problem like this in a coloc many years ago, with a much older linux version.