Re: Re: Horde on CentOS 5

Quoting Craig White <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 11:47 -1000, Camron W. Fox wrote:
Scott Silva wrote:
> Craig White spake the following on 7/18/2007 1:39 PM:
>> On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 15:14 -1000, Camron W. Fox wrote:
>>> Alle,
>>>
>>> 	Can't get on IRC or I would have asked there. Are there any plans to
>>> add a Horde-Apps groups to the extras repository like there is for CentOS4?
>> ----
>> you must not have looked very hard...
>>
>> http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/4/extras/i386/RPMS/
>>
> That is all well for CentOS4, but I think he was asking for 5

You are *correct*, sir!!!
----
sorry - I missed that bit of very significant info

My thinking is that everything in those rpm's is non-arch/non-distro
specific (primarily php files, sql scripts and apache configs) and
should pretty much install on CentOS 5 as easily as 4. Thus you could
probably just install them by adding CentOS4 extras repository and
simply include packages horde* and probably be done with it but I tend
to use the horde packages directly so I don't know.

You could probably just get the SRPM's and rebuild them fairly simply
too.

It is just as easy to just install the webmail edition if that is all you need.

http://www.horde.org/webmail/

Just untar the archive, run the config and you're up.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.crc.id.au