Re: Centos 5 yum update needs gpg key import

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:

Before we take this any further ... was the key you imported to a
repository other than an official CentOS one. (for example, RPMForge,
ATRPMS, etc.).

The install was from DVD, default packages (I planned to use yum for updates, etc). No other repos added. Straight out of the box.

The default CentOS-Base.repo has this line in it:

gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

Mine shows it, too.

All packages in the official repos should be signed with that key ... if
you only have the CentOS Default repos enabled, you should not have been
able to install a package that needed updating without yum asking you if
you wanted to install that key.

If you had to add the CentOS-5 key ... then something is not setup in
the default way.

So, what is the verdict thus far?

Scott