Re: Re: SMP motherboard not recognized

Jim Perrin wrote:

I've got 4 x345's here at the office running Centos4 with smp just
fine, however it did require an update of the scsi controller
firmware, and the bios to get things to work right.

Great to know it will ultimately work, thanks. I'm up to current bios now, and the "SMP mainboard not recognized" has been replaced with "Found 1 CPU" (or something similar). So definitely progress, but still not there yet.

BIOS settings look proper, still seeing 4 cores on gentoo-cd, HT is active. Tried acpi=ht again and it locks up before the kernel launches.

Me baffled! Thanks for the help so far, getin there.