Re: Seeking pointers to info about LVM migration and performance

On 7/8/07, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/6/07, John R Pierce <pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> and voila, its EXT3 now, with journalling.

Thanks, John, but is that really the whole answer?  Once it's ext3 it
can be put into a volume group with no further ado?

I should have read through the links Johnny posted more closely.  It's
pretty clear from the LVM-HOWTO that there's no way to get from here
to there without copying the data; unless I've missed something,
there's no conversion operations that encompasses pvcreate.