Re: upgrade aspell , glibc and glibc-common

Thanks Jim,

I did recompile srpm then I could upgrade aspell with no problem.

Jim Perrin wrote:
On 6/27/07, Centos <centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
well, the version of aspell that I need to upgrade to is only built for
contos 5
and I think that is the reason I get that error.
it seems that aspell-0.6 is not compiled for centos4 which was strange.

You can't jump distributions like this. If you really absolutely need
this version of aspell on centos4 (and can't upgrade to centos5) then
you'll have to rebuild this package from the src.rpm.

What you're trying to do is install something built specifically for
centos5 on centos4. That won't work.