Re: Re: Centos 5 - Setting up yum for ATrpms

Peter Kjellstrom wrote:
On Monday 18 June 2007, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Axel Thimm wrote:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:43:00PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
What do I use in my atrmps.repo to get it to access the RL5 directories?
There is a package called atrpms-package-config, but you can just as
well simply cut and paste the following.
Thanks a bunch for this.  I have to boot back to Centos 4 for a bit (figure
out what is wrong with my Thunderbird setup), then come back and try this.

I use yumex, and first do everything stable.  Then if I am looking for
things, then I enable bleeding and testing.  I should note that at least
until recently, the wpasupplicant was over at either testing or bleeding,
don't remember which right now...

And while you are fiddeling with your yum config, do yourself (and possibly this list) a favor and read up on and configure either protectbase or priorites (those are yum plugins).
All set on protectbase.

I will have to look into priorities. Seem to recall about this, but I am sure whatever I did over on Centos 4 did not carry over to Centos 5. Protectbase did, as that is easy and well covered on the wiki with 3rd party repos.

I do a lot of searching in a message base of over 25K messages before I post here. Of course the thing with searching is knowing what to search for!