Re: Re: Madwifi just seems to work in Centos 5

The madwifi package from RPMForge contains all the needed bits for the Atheros chipsets. Into the bargain it uses the DKMS stuff to rebuild the modules when you install a new kernel, too, so no scrambling to install a new package to get your WiFi back.

I'm using a similar setup, but trying NetworkManager to handle the heavy lifting, with excellent results. The laptop I'm using pretty much worked with no issues with a 3Com 3CRPAG175 and a Zyxel card, both Atheros-based. I've used it with no problems on AEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless LANs successfully. It was a pleasant surprise!

--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey@xxxxxxxxxxxx