Upgrade of dovecot broke imap (CentOS 4.5)

I just did a yum update and one of the packages updated was dovecot. I've been using this for imap/pop3 for quite a while. Now, however, I get an error when trying to login under any account. It gives "bad user or password" errors for every user. The user can ssh in just fine and run mutt or pine. But trying to get in with evolution, or even squirrelmail, just gives me an evil laugh and the finger.

Anyone run into this? I was planning to upgrade the box to CentOS 5 next month but I may do it sooner if it will fix this.

Thanks,
Joe

P.S. Please CC: me directly if you can as mail reading is, obviously, not cooperating with me.