Re: installed centos date & time

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Jim Perrin wrote:

On 6/15/07, Hiep Nguyen <hiep@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi list, is there a command to find out the date & time that centos
installed?

rpm -qa --last | tail -n 1

This will give you the first package installed and the time it was
installed, which should be the date the system was stood up.

The options for my 4.4 install listed the package, but no date/time stamp.

rpm -qi centos-release showed dates well beyond when I knew I installed the system.

I performed a check of /boot and discovered memtest86+-1.70 with a date most likely when the system truly installed.

I'm looking forward to other responses.  A good question!

Scott