Re: BIND Help

Thom Paine wrote:
I just installed CentOS5 on my server and I have to get everything
working on it. I chose to clean load it upgrading from RHEL3 to
CentOS5.
IMNSHO they really 'altered' BIND setup from 4.x. After much kicking around, I actually reinstalled Centos 5 and started anew.
I'm having trouble understanding the way bind works now and was
wondering if anyone has a bit of time to help me with it.
Do you understand BIND 9.x? Do you want to implement DNS 'views'? Do you need dDNS?

I am starting from scratch and I only have my primary domain and one
additional domain I host.
Are you handling your reverse lookup (arpa.in)?

Quick recommendation:

INSTALL EVERYTHING for BIND. This includes for a caching server and system-config-bind.

Then install Webmin (www.webmin.com)  and use Webmin to set yourself up.