Glib and unknown user id with LDAP

Hello All.
Anyone know how to fix this[0]?  I've got some Centos 4.5 boxes
running as LDAP clients (user ids are not in /etc/passwd
or/etc/shadow).

If I make uid 230 local on the host, there is no error message.
Adobe acrobat also does the same thing.  The users are able to
authenticate with LDAP on login, so at least part of the system
knows where to look for user ids.

Looking on google seems to suggest a glib bug, but I haven't run
across a patch/fix for it yet.  Anyone have one?

Thanks

[0]
GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (230)
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 2: IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-somebody/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: No such file or directory)

[1]
passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap