Re: NFS v4

On 06/06/07, Jean Figarella <jfigarella@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been experiencing 5 to 20 seconds freezes ever since I upgraded my
nfs server. This serves about 30 people. Anytime someone writes a big
file to their home directory, the freezes happen. You can experience the
freezes when browsing the internet, I guess because firefox is
constantly writing data (cache, cookies, etc...). Other apps freeze up too.

Now the question on my side is: can I force centos4 for serve nfs3 as
opposed to nfs4. If I am not mistaken this is dependent on the client?

The reason Im asking is that if I can force the server to serve nfs3
then the clients will default to nfs3 themselves. right?

If no other suggestions help then you can mount NFS v2/3 only. Have a
quick browse though...

$ man 5 nfs

Will.