Re: CentOS 5 Issues Booting Under VMWare

On 6/5/07, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok I was first going to say I could not replicate this.. but then saw
that the host OS is Windows XP which I do not have access to. However,
vmware workstation only supports the 2.6 kernel on Workstation 5.0 and
above. Early 2.6 kernels are known to work on Workstation-4.5 on some
hardware but a lot of systems had the problems you are listing when
trying to run Workstation-4.x with CentOS-4.

Thanks Stephen and everyone else.  I had not run into issues with
VMWare 4.5 and the 2.6 kernel under CentOS 4, but you convinced me to
try an upgrade of VMWare and it's working like a champ!

Thanks again,
Kennedy