Re: CentOS 4.5 FTP install

I'm having trouble getting CentOS 4.5 to install via FTP.

I have a local FTP server with a mirror of 4/os/i386.  I boot from
the first CentOS 4.5 CD and enter 'linux askmethod'.  I choose the
FTP installation method and DHCP for the IP configuration.  At the
FTP Setup screen I enter the IP address of my server and the path
of the i386 directory.

Your FTP server needs the entire 'CentOS' directory from Disc 1, and in the RPMS directory (under the CentOS directory that you just copied) you need all of the rpms from the remaining discs copied into that as well.

HTH,
Barry