Re: centosplus :: php5 + mysql4 :: possible?

On 29/05/2007, at 9:34 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:

MySQL4 is already installed.  The goal here is to -not- upgrade to
mysql5.

This used to be possible. However with the RHWAPS rebuild, it no
longer is. This requirement was an upstream decision that we copied.
The choice was made to go with their requirement options rather than
build multiple copies of packages, each with different install/build
requirements.

OK, thanks Jim.

It would be good if there was a php-mysql4 package, but oh well.

I think what we're going to have to do, and this probably suits our requirements a little better anyway, is to build our own RPM of PHP5 and then create our own repository for our servers to grab it from.

This is not such a bad option I suppose because we can configure it exactly the way we want.

Thanks again.

LC.