Re: wich apc ups?

Euroka wrote:
I want to buy a UPS wfor a PE2800 but I'm mnot sure wich one to choose. is 1000 VA enough or do I need the 1500 VA version?

That probably depends on how many drives you have installed (along with how much run-time you want, and how much you want to pay for replacement batteries every few years).

There's also the option of getting a 1500VA model (APC Smart-UPS 1500VA Silent Alarm SUA1500X413) with a silent alarm, and I'm not sure whether they make it in a 1000VA model. If you have alternate notification methods and dislike the noisy alarms, that might be an option.

Our PE2800 is hooked up to a 1500VA unit, has 6 drives installed, and I think it lights up 2 out of 5 load indicators. I don't have current numbers on the amount of runtime that gives us. And there might be one or two other lightweight (KVMs) pieces of equipment attached.