Re: unattended install via nfs

Dave wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone have a guide for setting up an nfs server for unattended deployment of centos5? Basically what i want to do is boot a system from CD media, pass a boot parameter nfs, and ks= options then walk away, the box goes out to the nfs server, finds the kickstart file, reads, and does it. I've got several machines and i'd rather not do manual installs.
Thanks.
Dave.

How about unattended via http? Given that you probably have a cache of the updates (given that you have 'several machines'), you already have apache running somewhere with a cron to rsync the updates from the nearest mirror?

Thats what i do;
centos5 dvd mounted on /var/www/html/cd/0

Boot from cd, linux ks=http://10.1.1.8/unattend.cfg

Not sure if you can put the update (yum -y update) at the bottom of the kickstart cfg as the box doesnt have working DNS lookups at that point (AFAIK)

I usually log on as root, replace the /etc/yum.repo.d/CentOS-Base.repo with my own and then
# yum -y update
# reboot

That way you dont need NFS (unless for some other business reason)

MrKiwi