Re: Where to find RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server) ?

Luciano Rocha wrote:

AFAIK, RedHat Directory Server is sold, and may have some parts that
haven't been open sourced yet.

But there's Fedora Directory Server, that I've been using:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download

There's also a new package being developed in extras. You'll require:
- fedora-ds-base
- icu
- svrcore
- mozldap
- perl-Mozilla-LDAP
- nspr
- nss

The installer in that package is ds_newinst.pl, and requires a file
argument with something like:
  [General]
    FullMachineName=`hostname`
    SuiteSpotUserID=nobody
    ServerRoot=/usr/lib/fedora-ds
  [slapd]
    ServerPort=389
    ServerIdentifier=`hostname -s`
    Suffix=dc=example,dc=com
    RootDN=cn=Directory Manager
    RootDNPwd=clear_text_password

I was looking at openldap to change my old lan that is working with NIS and NFS to have an LDAP with some secure authentication system. All thin on CentOS.

Should I look at Directory server?

I see it has a graphical interface to configure, which is pretty good (haven't seen anything like that in LDAP).

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18