Re: Issues with SNMP

Robert Spangler wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same issues I'm seeing here. I have recently upgraded one of my systems from 4.4 to 4.5 and ever since then I cannot get snmp to work. I am monitoring the interface traffic. Please keep in mind the firewall/router I do the same thing without any issues for 4 interfaces and it is still at 4.4 and doesn't have any issues.

If I try an snmpwalk I get the following;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
snmp $ snmpwalk -v 1 -c <string> localhost system
Timeout: No Response from localhost

snmp $ snmpwalk -v 2c -c <string> localhost system
Timeout: No Response from localhost

snmpd is up and running according to the system

snmp $ service snmpd status
snmpd (pid 7884) is running...

snmp.conf file hasn't changed since I last changed it in Jan. I'm stumped as to why it is not working and don't want to upgrade the router/firewall box, which is working without any issues, until this get fixed. Can someone point me to what I am missing or point me in the right direction? Thnx!

see /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny, the 4.5 upgrade add tcpwrapper support to snmpd (which wasn't the case before).. see "rpm -q --changelog net-snmp-utils"

echo "snmpd: 127.0.0.1" >> /etc/hosts.allow