Re: Squid +Yum = apt-cacher?

If you are imaging servers over and over wouldn't it be easier to
maintain a local repo and setup pxeboot with kickstart?

On 5/24/07, Lorenzo <lorenzo@xxxxxx> wrote:
Matt Shields ha scritto:
> I know up2date can be configured to save all RPMs it
> installs/upgrades.  Can yum be made to do the same.  If so, have 1
> server connect to the mirrors, have it save all the rpms into a
> directory, run createrepo every so often to update the directory, and
> share out that directory with ftp or http so that your other servers
> can download the packages.
>
> Or do like I do, have 1 server that you use for imaging all my servers
> and mirror the CentOS repos, then I run Apache and have my local
> servers connect to that local repo.  You don't even have to mirror the
> entire repo if you don't want.
>
> -matt

Since I'm on a testing stage, installing, upgrading, and re-installing several
times with slightly different setups and so on, I think the easiest way would
be to only configure one proxy line on yum.conf on each new installation than
playing each time with the .repo files on /etc/yum.repos.d or moving around
RPMs between systems... after all what I need is a proxy-cache which knows how
to handle RPMs: am I wrong?

Lorenzo