Re: Suggested way to remotely monitor servers and networks these days?

On 5/23/07, Dexter Ang <thepoch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm just wondering what is the recommended way of monitoring
servers and networks remotely. My current setup is to install
and configure cacti and nagios. I've set these up to require SSL.
This way, I can easily go to them and login from wherever I am
and monitor (almost) everything I need to monitor.

Why not run a VPN server instead of opening up the server?

Later,
Scott