Re: Re: something like apt-cacher for yum

Dmitry Melekhov ha scritto:
Lorenzo пишет:
I have never tried it, but maybe you could rsync the yum cache from one
machine to another.
Yes, I usually only copy the rpms so there are no problems with caches
and so on... but it's... ugly? :)
This is too hard- if you have more that 2-3 machines :-(
apt-cacher works very good for our ubuntu desktops, so why there is no
something like
this for yum?

I don't have programming skills, but I can do a lot of testing (I have 4 real servers running CentOS 5 and a few virtual installation); I will be happy to help on such project :)