Re: Installing to other than "/" label

--On Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:00 AM -0400 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't tried this with CentOS, but I know that a second Fedora
install to the same system will result in the new partitions with the
same mount point having a "1" appended to their label. I'd think that
CentOS would work the same way, but can't guarantee it.

Ok, thanks.

The best of all worlds would let me run the installer from the running Fedora, but I suspect I need to boot from the installer CD (or USB key) and then point it at the DVD ISO I've copied to one of the Fedora partitions. I'd guess the installer needs to detect all the hardware, but otherwise just needs to unpack RPM's to the correct location in the new filesystem.