Re: question on zenity centos 5

Ryan Ordway wrote:
On 5/21/07 1:58 PM, "Jerry Geis" <geisj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spake:

When I use a little program.
               for(count = 0; count <= 100; count += 10)
                       {
                       printf(stdout, "%d\n", count);
                       sleep(1);
                       }

Try adding this after your printf():

fflush(stdout);

Not going to change anything. Since stdout is by default
opened as a text mode file, and is also set to be line
buffered, the '\n' at the end of each line automatically
causes an fflush(.) and adding another won't help.

The stdio functions use buffered output, so it's likely that zenity is just
not getting any of the output until the program has completed. By doing an
fflush() you will force the data to be flushed from the buffer and printed,
so that zenity can pick it up from the pipe.

Well, what you say is true, but the fflush(.) is going to happen,
anyway. If adding one causes a difference in behavior, then
you have a non-conforming implementation (i.e., it isn't C).

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.