Sendmail upgrade issue

Heads up sendmail users.

After running the big pile of upgrades over the weekend I have noted a change in behavior in sendmail. The current running version is sendmail-8.13.1-3.2.el4.

Specifically sendmail started ignoring the relay by IP rules in the access / access.db files.

they were formatted as such (IP addresses changed for privacy)

192.168.0.0/27                RELAY

After a bunch of testing with sendmail -bt I discovered that the behavior had reverted to the old school style of access that does not allow for CIDR notation thus:

192.168.0                        RELAY

The purpose of the sendmail patch was to fix a hole where an outside user posing as localhost.localdomain could relay. This is a rule related to access / access.db. I am theorizing that the developers reverted that part of the code back to an older version.

Is anyone else noticing this? I may be way off in my assumtions. However, I'm not a coder and have to work off of trial and error when troubleshooting.

Was the sendmail upgrade part of the 4.5 push?

Regards,
James