centos 5 with mplayer and xv driver - solved

Hi all

I am trying to get mplayer working on centos 5.
On centos 4.X I just did a ./configure and make and make install for mplayer.... Can use prepaged mplayer for other reasons.

anyway, when I play a video I cannot get it to use the xv driver (acceleated video).
What package might I be missing or not installed to get the xv driver ???

I am using the binary nvidia drivers (latest version).

Thanks so much...

Jerry

Not sure why the extmod was not being loaded on centos 5. however
after explicitly loading it in the modules section I now have the Xvideo (xv) driver working.

have a great day all!

Jerry