Re: Yum site cache

<snip>
Put it in a bash script, enter it into cron, and then it syncs every
night with a mirror of choice. There's nothing to worry about
configuring, except an exclude file.

For example:

/usr/bin/rsync -v -r -t -p --delete -l \
- --exclude-from=/usr/local/etc/centos.exclude \
rsync://one.of.the.mirrors/centos \
/srv/centos/updates 2>&1 >> /srv/centos/logs/rsync.log

My exclude file then skips all x86_64, SRPMS, ia64, isos, ppc, dvds,
etc. and just pulls the rpms and whatever else I only need. Whatever you
want to skip you can just put in here. Of course, this gets just the
base CentOS stuff. You can even skip by release if you wanted to only
get 4.4 stuff.
<snip>

FYI - I used to do this too, then one day the mirror changed their config or something and *bam!* - all my repo was nuked! The cause? - " --delete" worked exactly as expected. However from my reading of man rsync there is a flag (--max-delete) to ensure that not too many files are deleted at once, so that someone elses mirror config errors dont do this to your precious 5G of repo. My advice would be that if your bandwidth is not tooooo abundant, lookup this switch: --max-delete=NUM

Oh well *sigh* - bandwidth is cheap i guess.

MrKiwi