Re: Make Raid1 2nd disk bootable?

David G. Miller wrote:

>> Grub isn't so much the issue here as the difference in the rescue mode >> boot.

Let me try explaining this a different way. After you let the rescue software mount the partition, *don't* chroot.

I can deal with grub. The parts that concern me here are that (a) the rescue mode bootup isn't finding the raid1 devices like it used to and (b) even when I mount the partitions up by hand I don't get the normal access that I expect from rescue mode. Other things may break that need the chroot access to fix and I want to know how to do it ahead of time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx