yum groupinstall "Development Tools" overkill

Hi,

The subject says it all. I'm currently fiddling with CentOS to become comfortable with it. Starting from a minimal system (everything unchecked during install), I wanted to have a reasonable set of build tools. Roughly the equivalent of Debian's 'apt-get install build-essential'.

I tried yum groupinstall "Development Tools", which resulted in a total of 108 MB of packages... including the whole load of GNOME libs. Gasp!

Is there any comprehensive list (in some forum or some WiKi) for everything necessary to build apps from source and/or build source RPMS?

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs
--
Dyslexics have more fnu.