Make Raid1 2nd disk bootable?

On earlier versions of Centos, I could boot the install CD in rescue mode, let it find and mount the installed system on the HD even when it was just one disk of RAID1 partitions (type=FD). When booting from the centos5 disk the attempt find the system gives a box that says 'You don't have any Linux partitions'. At the bottom of the screen there is something that says:
 cl->raidtype=5 rd_type=1
<TAB><Alt-Tab> between elements cl->raidtype=5 rd_type=1 <F12> next screen
But there is no way to access the bottom part. If I hit the OK button and get a shell I can mount the partitions myself, but then when I chroot to the mounted system there are no devices in /dev. What's the right way to install grub on what was /dev/sdb in the original install but is now the only disk and moved to /dev/sda? The old /dev/sda is no longer there....

--
   Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx