Re: redhat package

Jim Perrin wrote:
On 5/15/07, Mark Quitoriano <markquitoriano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
what would you get from buying from redhat that you will not get if you
download it from centos?

Access to redhat's finest web and phone based technical support, and
some different artwork. For corporate users (and this is occasionally
important for them) you get someone to 'blame' if the software doesn't
do what you want, the way you want it.

Yes, you get to "blame" them, but if you read the fine print in the EULA you've already agreed to hold them harmless. Kinda like M$ in that regard.

I've had one experience with upstream's "paid support." I was so satisfied that all my systems now run CentOS.

Best,