Re: postgres erros on RHEL 4

Hi,

Thanx for your reply. It is okay now.

I am configurinfg a software.

pls see its URLs, if needed.

http://www.matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation/postgresql-setup
http://www.matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation

I did this installation up to a certain point. Then I had to run below commnad.

[root@netmonitor mysource_matrix]# php install/step_02.php /home/websites/mysource_matrix

Then, I got below error.

pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

I am still a newbi with postgresql. So ple let me know how to solve this error. It is very urgent.

Pls help me.

On 5/12/07, Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 11 May 2007, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

> *SQL error:*
>
> ERROR:  relation "pg_user" does not exist

Ok, here's a procedure that should correct this.  Note that any existing data
in the database will be deleted by this procedure (although, if pg_user does
not exist you have bigger problems, and probably haven't stored any data to
begin with):

su -
service postgresql stop
rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql/data/*
setenforce 0
service postgresql start

Then, if you want SELinux enforcing mode, 'setenforce 1' again.  Then repeat
the setup steps for phpPgAdmin and see if that solves the problem.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer

Thank you