Re: [OT] External RAID storage / NAS

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 18:39 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
Hello List,

I need storage for my home network - lots of storage.  It's going to
hold pictures, home movies, music, other bits of data, etc.
You seem to be looking at self hosted solutions. Does it have to be self hosted?

Yes, I'd rather store everything locally.  I don't want to put private
data on some hosted platform, nor pay a service fee for it.

Oh sorry, I meant the software for providing access to the storage being self-hosted. I missed that part about it being able to be directly connected to the network. Nevermind.

Still - what did you have in mind?

eSATA connected directly to your box. Anyways, you want something that supports both direct access from Linux and the network? At the same time?