Re: CentOS 5 and Broadcom wireless

"Bart Schaefer" <barton.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SoftMAC: Scanning finished

SoftMAC: Queueing Authentication Request to 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee

SoftMAC: Cannot associate without being authenticated, requested authentication

SoftMAC: Already requested authentication, waiting...

SoftMAC: Sent Authentication Request to 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee.

SoftMAC: Open Authentication with 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee failed, error code: 13

bcm43xx: Radio turned off
That was as far as I got several months ago under FC6 when the native bcm43xx driver came out. There is (was?) a bugzilla for bcm43xx problems. I was able to get it to work only as long as I turned off authentication at my WAP.

I recently tried bcm43xx with CentOS5 and the system froze during boot. This was with an x86_64 kernel. I went back to ndiswrapper which seems to work. I had an odd lockup/panic problem that was resolved with the 1.43 version of ndiswrapper.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce