Re: CentOS 5 and Broadcom wireless

Quoting Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>:
I've got CentOS 5 installed on my hp pavilion ze 5300 laptop and the
network configuration UI says my wireless NIC has been correctly
identified and assigned what appears to be the right Broadcom device
driver on eth1.  However, the inteface doesn't come up.

Google doesn't find anything recent about using Linux with Broadcom
except for someone's passing remark that Ubuntu 7 beta seems to work
with it successfully.  Everything else points to using ndiswrappers
and the Windows drivers.

Is it a bcm43xx card? check your dmesg output and see if it needs a firmware file. If so, that's where you start. If not, ndiswrapper works :)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.crc.id.au