Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On 5/7/07, Ruslan Sivak <rsivak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

Whether or not it was designed to create a Raid5/raid10, it allows the
creating of raid5 and raid6 during install.  It doesn't, however, allow
the use of raid10 even if it's created in the shell outside of anaconda
(or if you have an old installation on a raid10).

My guess is that software Raid10 is still in the eats its children
stage. Most of the time I found it reliable, but I remember the kernel
developers having lots of race condition problems at times. In a
limited memory install region that is anaconda.. these might creep up
more often to be only supported by hand.

Well it's not even supported by hand. Anaconda flat out refuses to let you use it. Even when I create the device by hand (be it by loading the raid10 module manually and doing mdadm, or by making 2 raid1's and putting a raid0 on top of them), anaconda just flat out refuses to see the final device.

Russ